ESL - English as a Second Language
English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
LCCC strives to meet the needs of English language learners in our community by offering both credit and non-credit ESL courses. Each program is designed to help you develop English language skills to prepare you for life, college, and career goals.
Credit ESL Program
- College level ESL courses every semester (intermediate to advanced)
- Prepares students for college and career
- Daytime or evening schedules at main campus and Allentown
- Credit ESL testing schedule
Noncredit ESL Program
- Beginner to intermediate level classes every 8 weeks
- Prepares students for employment, citizenship, and credit ESL courses
- Daytime or evening classes in Allentown
||Native of Haiti Receives LCCC Student of the Year Award
By Alicia Durst
Aldaine Alphonse was surprised when her name was called as Lehigh Carbon Community College’s 2018 Student of the Year.
“I could not believe that they were talking about me,” Alphonse said. “I am incredibly honored to be Student of the Year.”
The mission of the ESL Program embodies the LCCC college vision to promote academic excellence, student achievement, and support of diverse populations based on student-centered values by delivering high quality academic English courses and holistic support to non-native speakers. Students in the ESL program bring a diverse and global perspective to the campus experience while achieving academic and career goals.